I started on the 1000 protocol and was going fine. However, when I told a friend, she said she was in Africa years ago and they used chlorine dioxide for local water purification and since then her microbiome has been ruined and she is now needing faecal transplants to survive. She said the chlorine dioxide was in tablet form added to the water.
She also said her gut specialist said it would destroy your gut microbiome.
I am suspecting her illness may be more to do with picking up a parasite, or other underlying conditions, and didn't think you could get chlorine dioxide in tablet form as an equivalent to MMS, but it has made me do a bit more investigation, particularly as I have recently done a series of colonics so would need to be gentle on the gut flora until rebuilt and thriving again.
Can anyone assist? Thanks
''Most bacteria that colonize the human gut are anaerobic; they are 100–1000 times more numerous than aerobic bacteria (Loesche, 1969; Finegold, 1995). Anaerobic bacteria vary according to their sensitivity to oxygen and are often unable to survive in its presence (Rolfe et al., 1978).''
I'm not sure whether the above statement is referring to good or bad bacteria though...
If that is the case, then I question Jim Humble's statements. Unless the chlorine dioxide is used up by killing all of the pathogens before it is able to do any damage. Or perhaps it's more complicated than that.
Disclaimer:These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. MMS (Master Mineral Solution) has not been FDA approved to diagnose, cure, mitigate, treat, or prevent any disease. Chlorine Dioxide is also called MMS throughout this website. License: Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.