There are several points that all critics try to use to make MMS (chlorine dioxide) look bad. Even the FDA in their articles have tried to use several of these same points.
1. The first point that seemingly all critics insist on presenting is that chlorine dioxide is an industrial bleach. Gabriela Segura, M.D. a surgeon, is one example. She viscously pushes the idea that chlorine dioxide is used to clean toilets. Do you see how the critics care nothing for truth and accuracy? The fact is, nowhere in the world is chlorine dioxide used to clean toilets.
Of course, all the other critics also claim that MMS is a bleach, but without considering the basic purpose of a bleach. So what is the basic purpose of a bleach? IT IS TO DESTROY THE DIRT AND PATHOGENS IN CLOTH OR CLOTHS WITHOUT DOING THE SLIGHTEST BIT OF DAMAGE. Thus cloth can often receive more than 50 bleachings without damage. This is more than 1000 times more chlorine dioxide than the human body is subjected to when using MMS.
2. All critics declare that chlorine dioxide is poisonous in large amounts. And, of course, the FDA pushes this point as well. WELL, OF COURSE IT IS! That is a fact, we all learned in the first chemistry class in high school. All chemicals are poisonous in large amounts. So what? Table salt and vinegar are poisonous in large amounts and they both are used in industry in large amounts but that does not prove that they are dangerous to consume at the kitchen table as a part of lunch. Nor does it prove that when used in amounts of 1750 times less than what the FDA lies about to be safe, that it is poisonous either.
3. The third point all critics push is that chlorine dioxide has chlorine in it and thus it has to do the same damage as chlorine. But then, so does table salt have the same amount of chlorine in it. The chemistry of table salt is totally different than chlorine although it is more than 50% chlorine and the chemistry of chlorine dioxide is totally different than chlorine and cannot do the same damage as chlorine or leave carcinogenic debris. Chlorine Dioxide turns into harmless amounts of salt.
4. The fourth point that all critics push is that chlorine dioxide cannot possibly be selective in the things that it kills. They claim that chlorine dioxide runs rampant through the body killing everything in its path and doing much damage to the body. Yet, there are thousands of industrial corporations that use chlorine dioxide for that reason, it is selective in the bacteria it kills and the chemicals that it oxidizes. Chlorine dioxide is a “weak” oxidizer and only oxidizes things that are weaker than it’s oxidation potential. Chlorine dioxide is weaker than oxygen and oxygen doesn’t harm good tissue in normal amounts. Search for Google “selective chlorine dioxide” for proof.
I always thought the ONE thing all critics have at least so far as I've come across is they talk about MMS, but have never actually tried it for themselves. If there are two identical people with opinions on MMS and the only difference is one has tried it and the other has never tried it - I know who's opinion is more valid to myself.
Now its not much fun to challenge Jim Humble but we must keep our facts straight... so lets just consider this continuing education.
Chlorine dioxide is used for disinfection purposes in some hospitals.
Now I cant say for sure if it is used to clean toilets or not but I don't see why not.
Someone please let Jim know. It is one of the few points that this Dr. Segura was correct about...the rest was utter blathering.
"Vital Oxide is stabilized to retain over 98% of its strength for over one year under normal storage conditions. At the same time the stabilization is controlled to allow a rapid equilibrium between the "stabilized" and "free" chlorine dioxide. This means that the Vital Oxide total 2,000-ppm Chlorine Dioxide is available almost instantly as needed to destroy harmful microbial substances, and whatever is not used will be available in reserve for long-term residual activity."
He has stated all along that chlorine dioxide is used in hospitals for disinfection. I have heard him personally. So, I'm not sure how it hurts his credibility.
This is from page 1 of his latest book:
For more than 100 years, clinics and hospitals have used the active
ingredient in this supplement to sterilize hospital floors, tables,
equipment, and other items. Now this same powerful germ killer can
be harnessed by the immune system to safely kill pathogens in the
If you read point number one of the first post Jim says that cholorine dioxide is not used to clean toilets. Toilets are a main distribution center for germ spreading in a hospital. It is where you will find most c-dif spores along with other areas in the bath room. It is where hospitals would want to use their strongest disinfectant. Since chlorine kills most of the other infections in a hospital they would choose chlorine dioxide to go after c-dif spores.
Disclaimer:These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This substance, MMS (Master Mineral Solution), has not been FDA approved to diagnose, cure, mitigate, treat, or prevent any disease. Chlorine Dioxide is also called MMS throughout this website. Chlorine Dioxide Solution also known as MMS (Master Mineral Solution) is made of Sodium Chlorite 28% (22.4 Sodium Chlorite 5.6% Inert Salts and the remainder water) and an acid activator (usually 50% Citric Acid or 4% Hydrochloric Acid). License: Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.