The government's food watchdog is advising consumers to steer clear of two "cure-all" supplements – widely available for sale on the internet – as bleach-based, sodium chlorite solutions could cause serious health problems and even death.
The Food Standards Agency is renewing its warning that Miracle Mineral Solution (MMS) should not be consumed and, for the first time, it is warning that a similar product, Chlorine Dioxide Solution (CDS), should be also avoided.
Miracle Mineral Solution – also known as Miracle Mineral Supplement – is sold as an oral supplement, and manufacturers claim it can be used to treat multiple unrelated diseases, including HIV, hepatitis, the H1N1 flu virus, common colds, acne, cancer, Lyme disease and other conditions.
MMS is a 28% sodium chlorite solution, which is equivalent to industrial-strength bleach. The FSA says that when taken as directed it could cause severe nausea, vomiting and diarrhoea, potentially leading to dehydration and reduced blood pressure. If the solution is diluted less than instructed, it could cause damage to the gut and red blood cells, potentially resulting in respiratory failure.
Although CDS is a more dilute product and not as potentially dangerous as MMS, it could severely irritate and damage the skin and gastrointestinal tract if swallowed. Other similar products containing chlorine solutions in varying strengths are also available and should be avoided, the FSA says.
The inventor and chief advocate of MMS is American scientist Jim Humble whose work has attracted worldwide attention and controversy.
In the US, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has already advised consumers not to take MMS.
MMS, CDS and similar products are available via the internet – often posted from abroad. The FSA has reminded local authorities that these products should not be on sale. The FSA says anyone who is aware of them being sold in retail outlets should notify their local authority trading standards department. If someone has consumed MMS, CDS or similar products and feels unwell, they should consult their doctor and any products should be thrown away.
Disclaimer:The protocols described on this site are official sacraments of the Genesis II Church of Health and Healing. The reader accepts 100% responsibility for any and all use made of any information herein.