Chlorine dioxide oxidizes metals, I would use a plastic lid, or I would place several layers of plastic wrap between the lid and the jar - plus, you need a tight fit for the lid - if you can smell a smell like chlorine, you're probably leaking gas.
Disclaimer:These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. MMS (Master Mineral Solution) has not been FDA approved to diagnose, cure, mitigate, treat, or prevent any disease. Chlorine Dioxide is also called MMS throughout this website. License: Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.