I work in a chemical plant where we use table salt (NaCl) to make chlorine based products and Sodium Chlorate (NaClO3). We use a lot of electricity to split the molecular bonds of the salt. We use the Sodium Chlorate with an acid to create ClO2. MMS is Sodium Chlorite (NaClO2) so you see that the ClO2 is in the chemical already, just waiting for an acid to break the bond between the Sodium and the Chlorine Dioxide.
The splitting of the salt also involves splitting of water molecules as well and hydrogen gas is produced. Hydrogen can explode if not treated right. It's just so much easier buying MMS that trying to make it yourself unfortunately.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CLO2, saraleedc
Disclaimer:These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. MMS (Master Mineral Solution) has not been FDA approved to diagnose, cure, mitigate, treat, or prevent any disease. Chlorine Dioxide is also called MMS throughout this website. License: Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.