My GF was told she has bad periodontal problems and a size 10 pocket at the gum-line of her back molar. She has a tiny mouth and is scared to death of dentists, who now want her to do 'scaling' and several cleanings a year. I read in this forum that MMS can assist the killing of the bacteria causing the periodontal problem.
One issue is that she has very sensitive gums and the 'citric acid' activating solution (10%) burns her gums.
Q 1: Can distilled vinegar in a 1:5 ratio, effectively activate the MMS as a substitute for the citric acid? If not, is there another option other than the citric acid?
Q2: I am activating 10 drops of MMS with 50 drops of distilled vinegar, waiting 3 minutes to activate, adding 20 drops of DMSO and then 4 oz of water, for her to brush and gargle with, which i modified from a Forum post. Is this an effective 'recipe' or what suggestions/changes are recommended?
Q3: i think i read where a combo of Vitamin C along with baking soda could strengthen bones, hopefully jawbones. is this so and if not does anyone know what might?
Any other suggestion about to to treat this problem will be greatly appreciated!
Teeth scaling and regular dental hygienist visits per year will certainly help; it did for my terrible teeth. And I now use an electric tooth brush, a Philips Sonicare in the Max Care mode which runs 3 minutes. I use some baking soda in the palm of my hand moistened with a little bit of 3% hydrogen peroxide as tooth paste/powder. Works great, its cheap plus no fluoride.
Brushing with MMS/CDS is also helpful as it will kill bacteria.
The DMSO may be bothering her gums. Try without using that & let us know what happens.
I looked at the link/chart and don't understand the 1:5 and 0.0 results from activation with vinegar (on right side of chart) I don't understand any of the left side info on chart
I used distilled white vinegar...is the 0.0 ppm the result for this type of vinegar? what does ppm refer to?
So simply, will distilled vinegar activate the MMS effectively?
We are using an electric toothbrush and i'd get a water pick if that method would help. But what about the solution? should i revert to citric acid? i had read where DMSO would carry the activated MMS deeper into the gum tissue...yes or no?
Basically, vinegar won't activate sodium chlorite very much if at all, so very little chlorine dioxide (CLO2) is generated. My testing showed that Bragg's organic vinegar resulted in 1.5 ppm CLO2 in 4 fl oz of solution, which was the standard test solution. That is not much CLO2 at all. White vinegar did not register any CLO2, so your GF is ingesting raw sodium chlorite and vinegar! And, unactivated MMS will also burn skin.
If she has a problem with citric acid, and some people do, then HCL will probably work for her plus you will be getting more CLO2 if you activate for 60 seconds.
PPM means parts per million, a measurement of CLO2 concentration in activated MMS. A 3 drop dose of activated MMS in 4 fl oz of water should contain about 25 ppm CLO2. The chart shows that 4% HCL comes close to that number if activated for 60 seconds.
Yes, DMSO will carry anything deeper, but DMSO bothers some people, like me! It can burn, so you could try to use less. Did you try the DMSO test putting 1 drop somewhere on her body and wait 24 hours to see if she has a negative reaction to DMSO?
Strontium is not good ( from a report which can be found online at
"one reported murine study of strontium carbonate conducted by Matsumoto reported decreased bone formation."
Possibly adding baking soda to alkalize the solution of MMS may help, I do this and it seems to be fine, theoreticly all the activation has already occured to make the MMS solution, so after you activate it I dont see why the baking soda would take any of that away..just a thought. Anybody know if activated MMS will reduce in activated chlorite after adding baking soda to it? Seems safe to me.
Also check into Silica, the body uses it to convert it into different complexes and make Calcium. Also get into juicing, Try the Gerson Therapy, get a juicer, juice them carrots and green celary. celary both have helped me. another GREAT thing to juice are Pears, Pears help with headeaches and provide alot of nutrient to the upper body.
Baking soda will inactivate the MMS, might as well not do it at all.
A dear friend of mine made a 4 drop activated solution, added 2 oz of water and used it to brush her teeth 1x a day - she'd had pockets and regular scaling (planing on the gums or roots) for several years, and was due to go back for another scaling. (Whatever the dentist had her doing wasn't being useful.) When she went back in, the dentist said no need for scaling and gums were perfectly healthy. She used citric acid as her activator.
Possibly if you changed the number of drops it would help. Use a soft toothbrush. if initially, brushing is uncomfortable, then just gargle for a few days, to start.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KennethWalter, JB13
Disclaimer:These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. MMS (Master Mineral Solution) has not been FDA approved to diagnose, cure, mitigate, treat, or prevent any disease. Chlorine Dioxide is also called MMS throughout this website. License: Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.